Friday, August 14, 2009

POWER is never given,its taken


           A concept in Consumer Behavior says, when the source of the message is powerful,the reaction of the receiver is compliance.This is exactly what happened in the class today.Prof Titus, who is known for being "a class apart" spoke about how some gurus pull you into things like "Art of Living" or how a smile can solve all problems.It was a ROFL session for the class.Simply because the source of the information was an amazing Professor whom my friend Yogesh calls "The Champ".
           I am spiritually inclined and I strongly believe in few Gurus.Yet I was among those who laughed at how foolish people can get.Though the session in class did not influence me in any way, it was a laughter riot only because I felt that "Ya whats wrong.THIS professor can say it" and I am sure this is the case with many of my classmates who were at the lecture today.So the long and short of the story is that the consumer behavior concept is perfect.Our Professor is such a powerful source that we had to comply.

No comments: